Created 12/23/2008 - 23:38
- Study director: William Jagust, MD and Gil Rabinovici, MD
- Sponsors: National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Alzheimer’s Association
- Recruiting?: Yes
- Official study title: Amyloid PET in AD, FTLD & PPA: Diagnosis, Functional & Structural Correlations
- Conditions studied: Behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD) , semantic dementia (SD) , progressive nonfluent aphasia (PNFA) , Alzheimer's disease (AD) , logopenic progressive aphasia (LPA) , primary progressive aphasia (PPA) , posterior cortical atrophy (PCA) and corticobasal degeneration (CBD)
- Purpose: The purpose of this study is to determine if amyloid PET imaging with Pittsburgh Compound-B (PIB) can improve diagnostic accuracy in discriminating between AD and FTD.